Friday, August 27, 2004

Ahhhh Ragweed Season!!!

Now I know why even on Allegra the past 2 days have been rough - the Ragweed pollen count is HIGH. Ugg - i hope the season is short, this is real real bad. I think after my dentist appt. I may just go home, use sick time for the rest of the day. That's 3 hours of sick time.

On other news -- Stitch Night was awesome of course. Let's see...

What I stitched
I worked on the round robin (the band sampler), stitching the happy moon over one on 28ct. Made some progress, it's hard to tell the yellows apart, especially stitching such tiny stitches, but the only part I messed up on was the bright pink cheeks! Had to frog a bit and fix it.

What I bought
Sale bins hit again, this time not for myself but for my friends in the RR - I bought a surprise for each of them plus some other little things that I will make into little gifts for them. They've really been such great friends this year, I'm so glad we're going to continue and have another RR!

Other than that I chatted, I was actually really quiet tonight, but I did talk a bit and I listened a lot. There were less people there last night, but also some new people. It was great fun and I can't wait till the next one in September.

A quick note: I got home last night and my boyfriend had put the coat of primer on 3 walls in the diningroom! Awesome! He's going to do the paint today. That leaves the other 3 walls which are mostly kitchen. He's just the best!

So the weekend report:
Today I will clean the apartment top to bottom when I get home. Hit walmart - haven't been in a while and need some stuff. Hit the grocery store after I figure out what's going on for dinner Saturday.
Saturday my girl friend is coming with her boyfriend for the night. So I'll probably cook up some dinner, not sure if her boyfriend will be going into boston to meet some other friends or just hanging out with us. My boyfriend offered to go out to my uncle's for a bit to give us some time to catch up but we'll see how it goes. Either way, there will be tons of chatting I'm sure, maybe sunday we'll go into boston a bit, i could use a trip to boston common.
Then it's my boyfriend's first week at law school starting monday! What a change this will be, but i'm sure we'll get into some sort of routine. I just hope my routine includes plenty of free stitching time!
And now with a headache, stuffy nose, sneezing and overall feeling like crap - I need to stay at least until my dentist appt at 12:30 so I shall get some work done!

No comments: