Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Day 2 running, done! and Book reviews...

That's right, we did it again - got up early and ran - farther this time too! Tomorrow I will be at my uncle's so no running but I'll still go to the gym at least.

No stitching last night, we ordered pizza's and then I started to work on the website, problems with the router caused long delays and finally after a while I gave up (did get some stuff done though). So I read and went to bed :)

'The Princes of Ireland' -- by Edward Rutherfurd, was very interesting. I just finished the unabridged book on tape. At first it's tough because you get to know some characters and then after their story it switches to a new time/new characters with a few connections back. It would have been easier to read instead of listen to because I could have gone back and checked dates and stuff. But it was very entertaining and I definately recommend to anyone that is interested in Irish history (dealings with religion and England really hog the end of the book but the first story is GREAT).

'Rich in Love' by Josephine Humphreys - this one I'm reading, I'm on chapter 4, when it's complete I'll give a quick review. So far it's capturing attention just fine, I can see some great potential too.

'The Namesake' by?? I'll fix that later - It's my next book on tape, and I know I really wanted to read it so it should be good.

Can you tell I also like reading? I do have a 30-45 minute commute each way to work everyday so that's plenty of time to listen to a book on tape, now if they were only cheaper! My aunt's library has books on tape she said, I'll have to find out if they're open Wednesday afternoons and I could stop there on my way to her place.

So tonight I brought my laundry and my cross stitch and I'm ready for a night of chatting and relaxing with NO computer at all :) Tomorrow night will be a night of stitching and chatting big time a my LNS and I can't wait for that either. For now - it's back to work (actually have work today!!!) And I'm sure I'll be back here tomorrow bored :)

No comments: