Thursday, December 09, 2004

Thursday is always Bagel Day!

I'm just waiting for the bagels to show up :)

Well I'd say I got some good stitching done yesterday. I got an hour in on Bunny Gingham at lunch - probably about 3 hours left before he's completely done. All i have left is 12 letters, the bunny itself is done. Then I want to sign it and add cocoa's name to it too.

Then 2 hours last night on the Winnie the Pooh piece. I outlined and started filling in his shirt after finishing his chin. I like this outlining technique for this piece, I think I will do this for the rest too, I outline looking at the pattern and then I can put the pattern away and fill in whenever I want.

I don't think I'll get stitching done tonight - maybe some reading, I'll be babysitting, I'm hoping to two oldest kids will be in bed after 7 and then I'll just have the baby who I'm hoping will sleep a bit after a feeding. I'm not counting on anything though. I would like to catch my show at 8 but it should be taping back home so if I miss it I can watch it this weekend.

Alright - stitching at work at lunch is working out real well. I have almost finished Bunny Gingham and possibly after tomorrow he will be done. So the question is what to do next at work. I will have quilting my quilt after this weekend available, but maybe I'll save that at home so I dont' have to lug the quilt here and risk it getting dirty. So it's time to pick a WIP to work on. I'm thinking one like my Herbal Sampler because there are lots of little things to do on it, small accomplishments, an herb here, a spoon here, a word there etc. That might be ideal.

Options I have:
Herbal Sampler - definate possibility
It's Winter - just the top banner left - boring!
Mystic Retreat Sampler - maybe later but no rush to finish this right now
Piece for boyfriend - too large for a work project
Pooh - for coworker so best worked on at home
Wisdom Dragon - maybe a good piece to also work on - alternate maybe?
Noah's Arc - maybe if I run out of other things (finish the herb sampler) - but there's no deadline anymore so i'm in no rush
I have a few others but I won't even consider them right now. So the decision is Herbal Sampler - and then DD Widsom dragon - I'll keep herbal sampler here, dragon will travel with me as my small piece and Pooh will be my focus piece when i'm not at work...
With all that then I have my quilt :)

I love not having the website full time anymore. I do have more work to do but 2 days/nights a week is enough and the rest of the time I can enjoy. YEA!
Bagels are here!

No comments: