Wednesday, December 08, 2004

A nice busy day...

Well it should be, I have a lot of work I can do and I'm looking forward to finishing a few things for work, like a trade study.

Quilt class last night was great. We went over putting our quilt together (I've started but I was still timid about continuing and now I feel confident). Then we talked about machines - I would love to get a good machine with a walking foot, unfortunately they're expensive, maybe something I can start to save up towards, who knows.

I also found all the fabrics I may need for the amish quilt I want to do - I didn't buy them but they keep the colors in stock so when I decide which colors and how much I'll need I can get them. That's my next major quilt project, it's a gift and it will be machine pieced because there isn't much piecing, then it will be a lot of hand quilting which I'm looking forward to big time.

I also found some beautiful dragon fabric which I just had to buy so i got a yard and folded it up and put it on my bookcase like a runner. I'm not sure what to do with it exactly but I'll think of something some time. I also bought the last fabric I need for my quilt, the binding fabric which is just one of the fabrics I used already but needed more of for the binding. This maybe I can get cut and attached this weekend if I baste my borders down (otherwise I have to wait until after I get the quilting done which I should do - in case i have to square it up... but who needs squaring - it's a lap quilt :)

So I won't be home until Friday night now - Tonight I have my regular night at my aunt's, I will cross stitch most likely, then tomorrow night I'm babysitting for my other aunt and uncle. So Friday after work, I will be home, then maybe out to Target to finish up (yes FINISH) my christmas shopping. That's all that's left -one store. Then Saturday bright and early i'm heading to my mom's - then saturday night late it's back home so sunday i can be home for when they come pick up my car i'm donating.

So I'm packed - no gym time :( And I really need to start that up again next week big time! But I should have some cross stitch time -plus I always have lunch time to stitch :) Alright - work time :)

No comments: