Wednesday, December 15, 2004

It's rather cold today! Wearing a sweater and I'm still cold, even after hot chocolate!

Well problems with the website last night but now it's back up and running, and hopefully we can switch it over to the new server soon. It's all set and ready just needs an ssl cert installed to work.

Yesterday was day 2 of 8 days of pigging out.. and boy did i feel it big time! I ate way too many cookies, but i dragged myself to the gym again after work :) Then I had to drive to Fedex to pick up 2 packages which completes my wait for gifts.. all gifts arrived in time for christmas. I have one person left to get a gift for unfortunately i don't know what to get! Other than that i have some stocking gifts i should get.

Well christmas will total between 1100 and 1200 this year. Unfortunately my family (extended) is talking about changing the way we do christmas next year - and i was all for it until i realized it doesn't save me more than 30 dollars! It saves everyone else a lot but not me and my family because we're the kids that are grown, we still have to buy for the young kids. I'm not complaining, i'm just disappointed that it won't save me much, i still like the idea of really focusing on one person through the year and buying for them rather than a last minute buy for everyone thing. The problem is i spend the most money on my immediate family so unless we do the same thing internally (which maybe we will), it doesn't save me anything and christmas will always be about a 1000/year. (i spend a lot on my boyfriend).

Besides that - today is my boyfriend's last final for the semester! He gets a whole 2 1/2 weeks off after today! I wish i could celebrate with him but i'm watching my cousin tonight and he already had plans to go out drinking with his friends from school. If i wasn't watching my cousin i would just be picking him up at 9 - so i wouldn't actually get to see him anyway. Now i think he's going to take a cab and tomorrow night i'll drive him over to go get his car and we'll get some dinner. I'm not sure what his plan is for the next two weeks, he's probably going to go home to his parent's and work a bit so i won't see him much. It kinda sucks that the time he's not stressed out and busy he won't even be around to enjoy spending time with. The past month and a half have been hard, i never get time to just sit and talk with him, if i have something i need his input on i feel like i have to interrupt him from studying, and yet he finds time for entertainment when i'm busy, we just don't coordinate our free time well.

I just can't wait for law school to be over, even just the first year which i think is the hardest. However there's no saying him working will be any better but maybe it will. I'd just like to be able to talk a bit in the evening, about my day, about his day, just talk - i miss talking. The only talking i do is at work and i feel like i should be working or whoever i'm talking to is being interrupted from working. So instead i write here.

Well enough pity party!

On the stitching front, i stitched a bit on Herbal Sampler at lunch yesterday, got 3 of 4 colors done on the Parsley leaf, just have one color to do and the backstitching today then it's up a level! No other stitching done but i did bring my quilt to work to show off a bit. This way i can maybe work on it tonight at my aunt's too. Alright - i have work to do and i have to check if any food has been put out yet :)

No comments: