Monday, December 13, 2004

Some major happy dances!

First -- BUNNY GINGHAM - finished! 13 hours total:


Then an update on Pooh and Piglet:(10 hours):


And - Saturday's progress on the quilt!
Here is the progress I actually made:


And here is what it will look like when the border is on:


And my weekend update. Well Friday night I went to Target and pretty much finished my christmas shopping, only my brother is left and any stocking gifts I find for my mom, sister, brother or dad. Then I just got stuff done around the apartment so I could leave Saturday early.
Saturday I spent the day at my mom's (9 hours), in this time I had to take apart the two rows I had previously put together because they were sewn with more than a quarter inch seam (i didn't know this at the time), so starting over i managed to finally get all the lattice on by 8. Then I went to put the border on and oops... the stripes are going the opposite way than i thought, and i don't have enough fabric to do 6 inch borders like I want. So i cut as many 6 1/2 inch strips as I could and left it at that.. my next class is in a week and I can have my teacher help me figure out what to do and I can buy more border fabric.
So sunday I worked on the website, started quilting in the lattice and then my old car finally got towed off so I could get my errands done. After my boyfriend got home I stitched, cooked dinner and stitched some more :) I worked on Pooh then organized what project I was going to bring to work on at lunch today.

So the game plan is - work on Herbal Sampler except Mondays.. work on DD wisdom. So I have Wisdom to work on today and I brought the sampler so i can figure out what colors I still need so I can bring those in tomorrow.
Oh and today starts the 8 days of pigging out at work - where everyone at work brings food in 1 of 8 days (i'm bringing in a bit more because i like to), so i brought in gingerbread, next monday i'm going to bring in meatballs i think and maybe cupcakes too or those another day. Then maybe a day with cookies or brownies (or both). So I'm going to work now and then go hunt for food :)

No comments: