Tuesday, December 28, 2004

I had a great Christmas! Where to begin.. first the stitching and quilting progress.

Yesterday I came home and spent the day stitching and watching Profiler season 3 episodes (a gift from my mom), I started the shepherd's bush April month for my next RR which may start in January. It's almost complete, I was missing one color so the beaks and feet are not done, but I got the color from my stash and will finish it at lunch today. The beads will not be added until the RR is completely finished and it's washed. This is 4.5 hours of progress:


So that was monday (the day i took off). Going backwards, Sunday I relaxed at my parent's house, while my boyfriend played his new video game (half life 2 which is really cool --i played a bit too). I quilted, got the border added to my quilt. Some pics:

And the back of it:


Now the corners on the border are mitered... however I did the back first to practice, and i ran out of fabric lengthwise and had to piece one of the strips for the front - boy was i kicking myself. If i didn't I would have had to buy a 2 yrd length more and wait until i could use the machine again, on top of the fact that i don't think there was 2 yrds left on the bolt when i bought more last week! So I pieced a tiny bit in one bottom corner and it's a lap quilt, no big deal!

Let's see before that was Christmas and Christmas Eve. Christmas Eve we went to my boyfriend's family's house for dinner, they got me matching pieces for my dishes. Dinner was great, prime rib and shrimp cocktail. Saturday morning my family did a big breakfast after stockings. Then my boyfriend came up and we did gifts which included a new coat - which I love!!! It's leather (suede). And it fits perfect. He got me a TON of great gifts, quilting stuff (tote bag, templates, stencil), books on cd, a warm cozy shirt (which i'm wearing now) and some other smaller stuff. It was a great christmas. My parents also went all out, I got the iron I needed desperately, the food processor I also wanted, some quilting stuff, including one of those cutter/iron board things that you can carry around, perfect for me!

I didn't get much stitching stuff, my grandmother got me a kit and my new aunt also got me a kit. My grandmother also got me a dragon thimble to match my dragon pincushion from graduation. All great stuff. I really had a great time.

So since I made lightning progress on that RR piece, my goals are being met left and right. I will start on my goal list for 2005 in which I'd like to do a few pieces as christmas gifts, even if they're ornaments, I was wishing i could give stitched gifts this year but I was too busy. And with the RR piece finished my focus can change again :) I can continue herbal sampler at work and Pooh at home.

Well that's my update. Enjoy the pics, I must get some work done so I can stitch at lunch :)

No comments: