Monday, December 18, 2006

Finally!
Seriously me remembering to post this is nuts. but here it is - Celtic Banner with the alphabet finished. There won't be a full picture of this until I'm done since I'm using scroll rods so I'm trying to keep the running WIP pics on the sidebar.

What a great weekend. Friday night I babysat my cousins, we had a good time, I was up until 2am talking with my uncle - that's just insane! Saturday we went to walmart and got oil and then changed the oil on both of our cars (my uncle has all the tools to make it go quicker so we take advantage of our visits every 3500 miles :))

We headed home around 2pm I think and the idea was we'd go shopping - well first we had to run, then eat, and finally around 6:30 I think we headed out shopping. But we did all the shopping - I got the 2 kids done I had to get done (the other 3 I don't see until after christmas so I'll shop the week after) then I went to Joann's and finished up shopping for everyone on my list. So by 9:30 when we got home and unpacked we then settled in to watch Scrubs and I finished the border on celtic banner up there so i could take a picture :)

Sunday was great - I did my weigh in (see other blog for details) and then it was a christmas day - I made gift baskets, I wrapped the gifts I have (still waiting on most!), made christmas cookies (yummy) and did my christmas cards (mailed out this morning). Then after cooking our food for the week (after a yummy chili dinner!) - I started on some ornaments that I'm going to make for gifts. I had picked up some xmas fabric at joanns and I'm going with a simple star type design, I got all the cutting done for 4 ornaments. Tonight I hope to piece and finish 1 which I can give to my aunt wednesday then I have friday to finish the other 3 (one for my sister, one for my mom and the third is for a friend in CA if it comes out to my taste).

Going to be a busy week - but when isn't it. I'm closely watching my amazon purchases (for some reason some haven't even shipped yet and I ordered last monday!) The rest are being shipped (picked up) today and supposedly all will arrive by the 23rd - oh they better or I'm going to be doing a lot of last minute saturday shopping and making big complaints to amazon!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Your Celtic Banner is looking great! Glad you posted a pic. This piece is huge, huh?