Friday, December 22, 2006

The biggest day...
So the problem I've been having all day is how to give this news... in phone calls, in emails ... I don't know how to begin. So I'll give a little story:


When I was in 7th grade I got a crush on a boy - he was the popular boy - I was the geek (geek exemplified). This crush continued, he even knew about it at one point (how embarrassing that was!) - note to crushers everywhere - "Secret Admirer" birthday signs taped to lockers are probably not anonymous in 7th grade :)

Anyway - I went pretty much un-noticed through school by said boy - until one day - senior year of high school when I got very noticed.

Well we started dating - in february of 2000 (senior year). We went to colleges close to each other (and close to home), after graduating college in 2004 we decided to move to Boston where I got a job and he could go to law school. So we officially moved in together in August of 2004.

And here we are - Going on almost 7 years together - and now ...

We're ENGAGED :)

Oh and it was so sweet - it happened at 8:30 this morning and I couldn't be any happier. My family is so excited and I can't wait to see them all this weekend and next to celebrate (I had many a conversation with a squealing aunt this morning :) and my sister was so surprised - it was great!)

There's plenty more to write but I want to keep this post special so I'll close up for now and fill in more about the day later in the weekend or so.
Happy Holidays everyone!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
What a wonderful story.
I am so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Nicole!!! Congratulations!!! What a romantic story with a fairytale ending!!!!

Happy Holidays to you and your family!!!

Anonymous said...

congratulations! u must b the luckiest girl on earth.
:-)

Michelle said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful story - big hugs!!!