Monday, January 16, 2006

A weekend full of stitching...

Well I pretty much stayed in this weekend and stitched while watching dvd's. I finished up season 2 of Felicity and the first 8 episodes of season 2 of ER. I also watched a few movies, all the while getting some stitching in on Going To Market, my progress so far:



It's been great fun to stitch, i'm getting a bit bored with the background so I'm going to go back to working on her dress a bit before continuing with the background but the upper right corner is finished so I know how much framing room I have on top now and I finished all around the bundles on the woman's head so I could get that backstitching done.

It's a late day - got to work at 9! Compared to my usual 7:30, if I still take a lunch/stitching break I'll be here till 6 - we'll see how the day goes. Of course leaving at 6 mean less traffic plus I have to stop at walmart on the way home so if it's later there's less crowds as well.

My professor still hasn't posted an assignment, I didn't get any work done this weekend, either on the website or school reading so hopefully this week I will get on those tasks. I wish it was still the weekend, i'm tired...

3 comments:

Kim said...

Your project looks amazing! Very beautiful, I love those African designs. :D Sounds like you are one busy woman! Hope you get all caught up soon. :D

Carol said...

Going to Market looks wonderful Nicki! Great job - very fast progress :-)

Singular Stitches said...

Wow, you've really made progress on Going to Market!

I love the contract of the color of the lady's skin to what she is carying on her head.