Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I was good last night - and I actually worked on the website for an hour and a half. Hopefully tonight I will work on it some more and finish up a few more things.

I started "Going to Market" at lunch yesterday, I hope today to work on it for another half hour today and maybe a little tonight if I get some website work done first. I really love the fabric I am using, it's only 18x18 but when I measured it it's really about 17x18.5 and on 32 count that seems like it should be enough. To be safe I started in the center and I'm working my way up so I can stitch the woman's head, then I'll work on the background which won't be very interesting but with it being mostly half stitches hopefully it won't take too long. I'll try to save the young boy for the end because he'll be the most interesting part to work on besides the woman's head.

Depending on progress today I may have a picture for tomorrow but it won't be much. Then tomorrow night is stitch night and I'll break out Green Old Gardens again to work on. I hope maybe this weekend to have time to finish that up (hopefully i'm not being too ambitious) :)

2 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

I did this! I didn't recognize the name of it because I bought it from the Stitchery, or one of those catalogs. I did it ages ago for my cousin who went to Africa for her junior year in college. I loved doing the background. It went fast but added so much to the project. She loved it too. Have fun!

Carol said...

Oooooo, can't wait to see your Green Old Gardens!

I had never seen Going to Market before - nice!!!!!!!!!

Password for this entry is "logsurfn" - how cool is that??