Monday, January 09, 2006

Happy Dance! I had to stay up a little later than I wanted which sacrificed my run this morning as I couldn't get up at 5:30 but I finished stitching Green Old Gardens:

Click for a larger image.

It was a good weekend, I stitched Friday night and finished up section 10 then sunday night after I got home from changing my brake pads (actually my boyfriend and uncle changed them while I passed tools back and forth), but after that we came home and I stitched up the border. Now I have 2 pieces ready to be framed (Legends of the Dragons and this one), maybe in a month or two I'll have enough money saved up to buy the frames, I think I picked out one for Legends of the Dragons already but it's a bit more expensive of a frame than I usually get, so I'll definately be doing the framing myself. I'm unsure about matting yet, I really enjoy cutting the mats but sometimes I don't like the look of them very much.

The count down to my first graduate class starts now, class is thursday night, I'll probably try to work on the website most evenings this week before then and I'll definately pull out It's Winter to bring to work tomorrow or wednesday, other than that I'll work on Going To Market. It's fun to have a good size finish so early in the year!

6 comments:

Juanita said...

Congrats on your finish! That's a very pretty piece.

Kim said...

That turned out great! I love all the specialty stitches. :D

Carol said...

Wow, it came out great! Congratulations! Good luck Thursday night :-)

Singular Stitches said...

Oh, wow! How pretty!!

Melissa G. said...

Congratulations, it's gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a stunning picture!! Not only the piece is beautiful, but also the photo is so nicely detailed that I could almost touch it :)

Huge congratulations on both!!!