Tuesday, June 13, 2006

SAL night :)


Ah yes - so far so good with monday nights. I went to the grocery store, cooked up some burgers and corn on the cob and then settled in for almost 3 hours of stitching! The only problem is I had to frog! I was stitching away on the castle and accidentally stitched that whole spine or whatever in the light grey! So I pulled that all out and stitched the darker grey where it was supposed to be - okay I didn't pull it completely out .. hehe.. The last row I left in the first leg (half stitch) in light grey and stitched the final leg in the dark grey, it mostly works, a little blended look but it's blending from one color to the next anyway.
So now you know my secret - very often I stitch "over" when I mess up if I can get away with it, I did it a few times on Going To Market and on Mini Cottages II I think I messed up twice and did the same, always with only a stitch or two.

I can't wait until next week, I figure I will always start with some of the more boring (fill in some more trees) and then work on the fun stuff (the castle!) for a bit at the end!

I bought the WDW for this - but I can't find it! I cleverly put it someplace safe and I have no idea if it's in my closet or a stitching bag somewhere - hmph - i organize too much it seems :) Luckily I have a week to find it!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Hi Nikki - I tried posting to your blog this morning - nope, no go! Blogger apparently is acting up here and there... Your progress looks great!! If you did any fudging, I sure can't see it :-) If you need the WDW, let me know. For some reason, I have extra skeins! I think I bought the Blackberry for this a while back, but then bought two skeins for it again last week when I was at Colonial Needleworks. How typical of me!