Tuesday, June 06, 2006

A new start!!!

Carol and I have started a new SAL - Kingdom Sampler by Dragon Dreams. She started with the dragon (which I kind of guessed she would since it's like getting the face done :) and I was very tempted) but I decided to go with the castle side first, also so I can do the alphabet in order as I go along since I decided I am going to do the alphabet.

So my monday night SAL progress:

It's not much, I started the outter border, marking each 10th half stitch with a whole to make it easier to count, then I started in on the grass so I can work up to the castle. I'm hoping if I save the dragon until I'm almost done then I will stay motivated.

So last night was a great stitchy night, I came home, cooked dinner, ate dinner and relaxed watching a few profiler episodes (2) while stitching. Then I read - keeping to 20 minutes a night is getting me slowly through Sixpence House.

On the horizon - I think I will start "Just a Little Peace and Quiet Please" or this patriotic quilt theme piece for my aunt next - probably next week if I can get fabric together.
Tonight - I must work on the website - been a LONG time but it's really needed now - both money wise and just because there are things that need to be done!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Great start Nikki! I figured you would start where you did - it is apparent you like to start on the left, while I am a "start in the center" kind of stitcher - I think this will go pretty quickly :-)

Kim said...

Looking great so far! Love the fabric. And your other projects are coming along nicely as well. :D