Friday, June 23, 2006

Finally a picture (sorry it's not my card but I totally spaced yesterday after lunch!)

It is however a great picture of Blackwork Dragon - after working on it last night at stitch and today at lunch for a bit:

He's stitched on Wandering Ivy 36ct linen by Silkweaver with WDW Hunter thread.

I love this fabric (Wandering Ivy), seriously it's probably my favorite fabric that I have so far.

Last night was stitch, it was a great time and i even got some stitching done :) My friend brought her scroll rods and now my fabric for Celtic Banner is all ready, just awaiting the arrival of a much needed border color which should be in 2 weeks at the longest.

And it's almost the weekend!!! Oh I can't wait to get home! I have the apartment to myself tonight to watch some girly stuff while getting some stitching on my quilt block done. Besides cleaning on sunday and possibly Kayaking one day if it doesn't rain both days, my weekend will be just stitching and quilting! Much needed!

I'd like to get Leanne's Quilt - Block 1 completely pieced and a good start on the embroidery and the baby quilt tied completely. Stitching I'd like to start Dry Turkey and continue working on Blackwork Dragon.

Even better - i have next tuesday off to spend the morning with my mom - the rest of the day will be more stitching :)
Monday night however I will not be able to do the Kingdom Sampler SAL with Carol - I think I will switch my night to Tuesday this week since my mom is visiting and we have plans all night which don't include stitching time :( But Tuesday is a great day to work on Kingdom Sampler so it should all work out!

6 comments:

Carol said...

Nikki, your Blackwork Dragon looks fantastic! I have a FQ of the Wandering Ivy belfast from Silkweaver's FOTM and have been drooling over it too :-) I will be looking forward to your start on Celtic Banner - especially with that unique color conversion! And, Monday will be here in a couple of days, which is great, because KS has been calling to me for two days now and I have been turning it down LOL!!!

Kim said...

That fabric is fantastic! I love the color and your dragon looks great. :D

I saw your fantasy sampler too and it's looking great! :D

Have a great weekend!

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

He is absolutly fabulous! You are using a wonderful combination of fabric and thread. Can't wait to see more.

Anonymous said...

I love your dragon! This is the first time I have read your blog...lo and behole we have four things in common...quilting, cross stitching, reading, kayaking! YAY!
Do you do calm water kayaking or do you like white water? I am a calm water type, the calmer the better...I use the kayaking as a de-stresser. I will be visiting agaijn and agin to read about your adventures!

Singular Stitches said...

The dragon is looking wonderful!

A day off...Sigh...Lucky you! :o)

Anonymous said...

Looks great. I like your color scheme for the Blackwork Dragon.