Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Kindom Sampler SAL night!

I didn't get as much time as I would have liked last night to stitch but here's my progress:

Carol is such a fast stitcher, I'll have to sneak in an extra night some time soon just to keep up!
I'm loving this piece, I held off on the roof tops of the castle but next week I'm definitely going to jump into those as I love the red WDW color! I did as I had planned, filling in more trees and working on the castle which is the fun part so far.

Also I've made some good progress on Peaceful Silhouette at work lately and even my boyfriend was impressed (this piece is for him, he bought the kit for me and wants to hang this in his future office next year):

It's fun to work on a little bit at a time, I have a feeling the sky will be the boring part but the filling in of the dark brown/black is actually fun because you really see shapes come to life.

Last night we made up some dinner and retired to the bedroom where the A/C was for the night, watching dvd's on my laptop. Tonight I have to clean and do laundry after dinner since my brother is coming over wednesday. I also should work on the website again!

3 comments:

Singular Stitches said...

Peaceful Silhouette is *really* coming along!! Wonderful progress!

Veronica said...

Ooh.. Peaceful Silhouette is looking real lovely. And your Kingdom Sampler's soming along nicely too.

Carol said...

KS looks great!

Not to worry, I am not stitching faster than you - the area you are working on is all full cross stitch - most of the area I have done is in half cross stitch - LOL! Relax, I promise not to zoom ahead, and will be slowed down when I finish the castle and the big hill too :-)