Friday, October 14, 2005

When will the rain stop??? This is just too much already - for days and days it just doesn't stop raining.

So I worked late last night and then made a run to Joann's to buy some more knitting stuff. I bought 2 sets of double pointed needles to start the kids hats, I bought some yarn (just a little because I wasn't impressed with what they had). THen I bought a basket to hold yarn (and it's already full) and the Encyclopedia of knitting as I enjoy reading about knitting and it comes with a bunch of basic patterns including hats.

So not much got done last night, I started scarf number 3 for christmas, I'm using bamboo needles now, giving them a try, they're a bit harder to knit with, they don't slide the yarn as easily but they solve the click clack scrape problem of the metal needles that was driving me crazy!

No stitching at lunch time yesterday, i ended up working through lunch but today I hope to knit at lunch time at least, get a bit farther on the third scarf. Then I can start hats soon!

What is my plan for the weekend - well it's a 3 day weekend for me by choice, so tonight I plan on mostly relaxing, maybe watch a movie, maybe pull out some stitching, not sure. Maybe quilt a little.
Saturday I have to work on the website most of the day - during breaks I will quilt on the wedding quilt. Hopefully it's a really productive day.

Sunday I have a stampin up party where I will try to be good and not buy too much :) Then it's back to the website and quilting.
Monday - same - but I hope to FINISH the website! And finish the quilt??? Or at the very least get far enough on the quilt that I can work on it in the evenings and finish it by next friday.

Maybe i'm too ambitious, i hope not, i really have to finish the website and taking a day off work to do it seems like the least stressful way to do it. However it means i have a lot to do today so I best get to it :)

3 comments:

Carol said...

HI Nikki - Hope you have a great weekend! I took today off and have a 3-day one too :-) LOL!!

Carol said...

Hi Nikki - I would love to do another SAL with you next year! Kingdom Sampler would be great, and I also have Dragon of the Deeps lined up for next year (do you have that one??) - either sound good to you? I am mailing the Petal Fairy chart off to you today - thanks for giving it a good home! I so look forward to watching your progress with it here in your blog (someday)!! You are a sweetie - so glad I met you!

Carol said...

Just a quick note - Petal Fairy was officially posted today at the PO in Hooksett - thanks again for giving her a good home :-) She is a lovely stitch!