Monday, October 10, 2005

I didn't forget, I just decided last night it was too late to do pictures.

This weekend I finally got some stitching done, which is a very rare thing if it's not lunch time at work :) Friday at lunch I finished the Ever So Little - Chimps (so now both pieces for christmas presents are done). Friday night I cleaned the apartment top to bottom after laying tons of poison out for the dreaded cockroaches.. now i'm finding only dead ones :)

Saturday was my stitch day with my sister, my boyfriend came along to hartford with me as he has a 3 day weekend and felt like he needed a break so he spent the day with my sister's boyfriend. We relaxed - I didn't get nearly as much stitching done as I wanted but I got in about 4 hours, we watched Sin City which was easy to stitch through. So what did I stitch:
Well I finished one WIP - my Acorn preface piece from a class last year, it's a preface to Rebecca's Sampler from Earth Threads. It is complete now and it got me looking at Rebecca's Sampler with renewed interest as the fabric is very lovely. The top is a bit strange with random motifs but the rest is more like a band sampler, definately unique. We'll see if i have time for that next year, it's not high on my list as I have some other beautiful samplers i'd rather do first.

I also worked on my Woven butterfly WIP - which is hardanger, I finished wrapping all the "bars" in the center design so that the next step is to actually weave in the butterfly design. This is from Stitcher's Hideaway in Sturbridge last July, it actually has a border as well but I think I'm just going to do the butterfly and maybe find or make a box to top with it. Put some nice fabric to show through behind it or something. A good gift for my aunt that likes butterflies.

So there will be pictures, hopefully tonight i'll take them. I spent 7 hours on sunday working on the website, getting home at 1, I was working through my tv shows until 11. So pictures were definately not happening. No good news with the website either, I was hoping to get the tax situation working but instead got stuck fixing a bunch of other things that are taking forever! They need to be working first though, and one of them is only a hair closer to working and still broken! So hopefully tonight I can work on that some more, a fresh mind taking a look at it.

I'm trying to pick a day to take off work to just work on the website, it has to be soon because I need to start quilting the wedding quilt in my free time and that is not happening so far - and the wedding is getting closer! Alright - enough worrying, i have some things to try out in the lab which should cheer me up...

No comments: