Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Let's see did I do as I was supposed to last night? -- nope

I got home at 6:30 and decided I would quilt - start machine quilting the Trip Around the World quilt ... wow I didn't know what I was in for.

I started on a center diamond, medium sized. After 2 inches I realized my stitch lenght was tiny! Uh oh! So I pulled it all out (which took about 15 minutes they were so tiny! Basically the quilt is so heavy that it catches and pulls at the front of the machine and I have to contort myself to hold it up and guide it through so that it stitches at a regular stitch length. All while also trying to go straight and even! This is not easy.

After about an hour and a half I had 3 diamonds done, 2 of the smaller center ones and the largest outter diamond. That leaves 8 more diamonds - but that's just of the diamonds part :)

So at this rate next week I can maybe get 4 done that leaves 4 more and then all the straight diagonals and the borders... this is going to take a while!

I was good and went to the gym last night though, ran over a mile walked another mile, then lifted. Hopefully I'll do the same tonight except hopefully I'll also work on the website!
Lunch today - rippin out stitches on Ever So Little - Chimps so I can get back to working on those!

No comments: