Thursday, October 27, 2005

Knitting away...

I started knitting the first children's hat yesterday at lunch. I continued last night and it's going very smoothly. Got a few inches on it, this is my first project in the round and with double pointed needles. I think for the next hat I will use my size 8 circular needles though, they will probably work just fine and be less cumbersome. Then for the decrease I can switch to my number 8 or 6 double pointed.

I also plan on using a different pattern for the next hat because the yarn is fluffy and you can't see the pattern, this first one I'm using the plain pink yarn and the pattern will show, it's mostly ribbing but it's still a pattern. Now my only problem is that I have no idea how many stitches to cast on to knit the correct size hat. I have the head size (20") but I dont' know what that means with this yarn weight so I did 90 stitches, it seems kind of large but children grow...

I have to interview someone in an hour so I must prepare..

1 comment:

Carol said...

Hi Nicki! The blogger comments are working well today, so I feel like taking advantage of that and saying hi! I hope to stitch on LOTD tonight - and hope to actually make good progress this time!! LOL!