Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Samhain!

I woke up in such a good mood this morning, it's just a happy day all around, the sun is shining and it's warm out (well it will be), the weather yesterday was great too!

This was one of those great weekends! I got the website running live - it still has a few kinks to work out but should finish up real soon besides future additions and....
(drum roll)
I finished quilting the wedding quilt!!! It's all ready to add the binding and sleeve:


And here's the promised picture of the pink hat with it's matching scarf:


The hat is a bit large I'm afraid so I'm going to buy some pink ribbon to weave through the bottom so it can tie up tighter. There's also a hold in the back that i'm not yet sure how to deal with, I may tie it up with some pink yarn to at least hold it closed then weave in the ends.


Carol asked what "the website" was - I guess I've never fully explained:

A teacher from high school owns an online pet supply store with his brother, he asked me last year (feb 2004) if I could convert their current website to a database driven website that he had purchased all the software for and then to customize it for them. I did this and it went live in Nov. 2004. There were tweaks here and there throughout the year, new features to add and such. Then in May or June he asked if I could upgrade to the newest version of softare which helped with security problems, this was a very difficult task due to all the modifications I had made, but I started the process in August. I completed it this month and the changes just went live this past weekend. There were more tweaks of course and i'll have a bit more fixes to do but generally speaking it is done and working. And I think I even made my goal for the month .. which reminds me -- goals!

No comments: