Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Well I just about finished the dragon, I didn't stitch his eye or the little bit of yellow, instead I finished the mountain range to the left of him. This scan really shows the fabric color well though and I'm loving this piece:


I'm not really looking forward to the one huge cloud but I am looking forward to doing the people and filling in the area by the people next week. Not too many weeks left to go with this piece. The border will go fast, not sure about the alphabet but I can definitely see this finished before the end of august at least.
Carol made some awesome progress yesterday! These things just work out perfectly sometimes, last week I had some extra time and this week she did!

I got a great treat in the mail yesterday, I bought frames for both Going To Market and Legends of the Dragons. They are perfect. The one I got for Legends is actually metal but it has this neat painted effect I really liked, it's not as blue as I was hoping, a little black looking because it's so dark but I think it will work just fine. The one for Going To Market is a dark brown wood frame with some awesome detailed work which compliments the design perfectly. I'm hoping to frame these this weekend! I think they both have to be washed, which I'm a little nervous about but i can wash them friday night, let them dry over night, iron and frame them saturday and show them off sunday to my friends. We'll see how it goes ...

Tonight they're calling for storms, if that's the case and I miss my friends' concert again because of it I will work on Blackwork Dragon some more I think, I'd love to finish this piece up before starting Celtic Banner on Aug 3rd!

Still waiting for my second Leanne's Quilt block of the month to arrive...

1 comment:

Carol said...

Your KS looks wonderful! Sorry for the late comment - I saw this earlier today, but my dial up connection at work is so burdensome! Just remembered I wanted to pop over and let you know I think it looks great!!