Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Kingdom Sampler SAL:


I stitched the little people and am almost done filling in the main body of the piece. Next week it will be a quick finish up of the right side and a start on the momentous clouds that may just take me forever :)

I'm really looking forward to the alphabet but I'm going to hold off, I think if I get sick of clouds I will treat myself to a few letters here and there...

So last night I didn't just stitch, when I first got home my pieces to be framed were calling to me, so I laced Going To Market onto the backing board, even framed it but I forgot about spacers between the plexi and the piece so I'm going to have to redo the framing part. No big deal considering the lacing and centering is the hard part and that's done. Tonight I'm hoping to lace Legends of the Dragons.

As for spacers, I need to figure out what to use. In the past I've used small pieces of cardboard. Other times I've just gone without glass but I do prefer glass so the piece is protected, not just when it's hanging but when I'm moving, I can put them all in a box safely. If there are charms or specialty stitches I do refrain however as I like to really let people look closely.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Kingdom sampler looks fantastic! The fabric is so great, it's perfect for this project.

Congrats on finishing the Blackwork Dragon, it turned out lovely.

Tracy said...

Your kingdom sampler looks lovely .

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Looking great...you will be done in no time!

Carol said...

Looks great - we are getting close now!