Monday, July 03, 2006

The horror of it .. a non-stitching weekend!

Seriously, no stitching this weekend - we were just too busy! Friday night we went up to NH and I did get some free time to make some jewelry so I made a bracelet for myself and a pair of earrings for my friend's birthday sunday. Then the guys got back with the fireworks and we were up until 1am setting them up, connecting them all and timing them out and everything.

Saturday we were up early with the little ones, and just spent the day playing with the kids and eatting and visiting with all the family. Saturday night of course was the fireworks show! It was much better this year, we sat back at a safer distance and nothing fell over and shot toward the crowd since we screwed them all to a board this time (last year we used glue and nails and one didn't hold) :)

Then we stayed up playing poker - and got up early sunday with the little ones again. I was exhausted and the day hadn't even started. We got home and I got ready for our next party which was a birthday party for my friend. My boyfriend fell asleep before we left so we were a little late (I just hated waking him up), but we went and stayed for 3 hours - getting home at 6 and I'm not kidding - we went to bed! I slept from 6pm to almost 7am this morning!

It's not the lack of sleep this weekend so much as the constant attention of 3 little kids who were up too late to see fireworks :) The party sunday was much more relaxing and we had a great time, I just felt horrible because I was so exhausted that I couldn't have been much fun :( But it was a great weekend and after I get through work today I get tomorrow off!

And tonight is Kingdom Sampler SAL night - I can't wait! I've hardly stitched on anything since last monday, except for the embroidery on my quilt block, but cross stitch wise I think Kingdom Sampler was the last thing I worked on :)
I'll try to post a picture tonight since I'm off tomorrow to hopefully go kayaking!

This is our first time going kayaking, we're going to rent as it's a hobby we both want to take up but don't want to buy kayak's until we've tried it. We'll just go on the Charle's River since we live practically on it. I'm sure wednesday i'll have more to say unless it rains tuesday!

1 comment:

Singular Stitches said...

It sounds like you have a fabulously fun weekend! You know, taking the weekend off from stitching isn't a bad thing...