Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Finally went kayaking! We rented a two person kayak, which was good and bad, since it was our first time it was good because in a single I would have badly lagged behind. Bad though because it was difficult to both paddle. We were not very good :) Then it started to RAIN .. not just rain .. pour! We headed back when we saw lightning and as it really started coming down and we could see the rental place and people were swarming it, we decided to hide under a bridge from the rain and wait it out. It worked out great, there was this adorable little duckling I got some pictures of and eventually the rain let up and we headed in.

The rest of the evening was spent just relaxing, I finished the embroidery on Leanne's Quilt Block 1 so now that's finished:


I didn't work on the website as I'd hoped but I decided to bring my laptop to work and I'll work on it at lunch time the next few days if I can. I updated my cross stitch database to include the new charts I've bought in the last few months and put them in my alphabetized binder system :)
I like my stash alphabetized, it always surprises me what's next to what and I love looking through it all!

Tonight I brought the baby quilt to work on the binding some more, I need to write out the personalization as well so I can embroider that soon and it will be all ready. Tomorrow at stitch I'll work on blackwork dragon and so far I've kept this weekend pretty open, I'm hoping to work on a few things. Plus I finally measured all my finished pieces so I can buy frames if I can find them affordably and do some framing sometime soon!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Your quilt is looking great, you seem to be making quick progress on this, are you going to keep it or is it a gift ?

Carol said...

I love your quilt - you are really quite good at quilting!

Your Kingdom Sampler looks great too - it's a fun one, isn't it? Once you do that big tree, that is LOL!!! We watched The Hills Have Eyes, and it took the entire 90 minute movie for me to stitch that one - granted, I looked up a few times to see the beasties doing their thing to the stranded people in the desert :-)