Wednesday, July 12, 2006

nothing like a night of not stitching.

it was very hot last night! I got home (late due to traffic), and my boyfriend had dinner under control, so I started the regular putting away of the "things" from work and such. Then with the pizza in the oven I started on kitchen cleanup and cooking some rice to go with some leftovers for lunch this week. With the oven on and the stove going it was slowly getting even hotter in the kitchen!

Finally the pizza was done so we ate and took a break from the kitchen heat. ... Then I had to return! I needed to bake brownies (more oven!) and pit all those cherries, so I did both, drinking as much water as I could. By 9 I was exhausted from the heat but I was done in the kitchen so I settled in to wind some floss and relax. I decided against stitching as I just couldn't get into it being so hot.

So no progress to show from last night. Hopefully tonight is different, dinner should be easy so hopefully by 7 I can be settled in to stitch on my new dragon or another piece if it draws me :)

1 comment:

Terri said...

Nicole, you have my sympathies. We don't have a/c and it's been hot and humid at home. I try to stay out of the kitchen as much as possible.