Thursday, May 12, 2005

Well yesterday was much better but also some bad news.

Work wise our presentation went much faster than we thought it would besides a slow going morning yesterday.
I found out on Tuesday that a coworker out here is also a quilter, so we spent a lot of time tuesday and wednesday chatting about quilting and getting out early yesterday meant we had time to kill so she took me to a quilt shop nearby which was really great, i got some fabric that is just brighter than i normally see on the east coast.
Then we went to the beach to walk a bit and just take in the ocean (a real treat for me), it's been cool out, not cold but windy enough to be comfortable in pants. After that we went to the outlets to shop and have dinner so of course i bought a few small things that would fit in my suitcase.

Dinner was long, we talked a lot, we have a lot in common and she's a very interesting person, it was 8:30 before i got back to the hotel. The rest of the night I spent watching tv after i finished reading my book "Poe's Cat" which is just strange, kinda hard to follow but interesting in places also.
So I stitched, i finished the dragon Majesty on Legends of the Dragons, all the backstitching is done, so next I will work more on the border and start the word Majesty below it.

Tonight we will go out to dinner as a large group from work, then we drive to LA so who knows when i'll get to the hotel, maybe 10, then that only leaves an hour to stitch, but i may stay up later, i'm not sure as i'm just getting up to fly home.
Tomorrow on the plane there's so much i still want to get done. I want to piece my 9th ohio star and maybe start number 10, then i want to finish my embroidered block which is taking a while because my needle is a pain to use (i dont usually use pearl cotton and i'm not liking having to use a larger needle). I also may stitch more on the Ever So Little, i think i'm done with Legends for the week and no work on Peaceful Silhouette this week but i can pick that up next week at work again. We shall see, i have a good 5 hours on the plane friday if i don't read much.

Note to self for when i get back:
Saturday (at sarah's) stitched Ever So Little 1 hour
Monday - plane - stitched Ever So Little 2 hours, embroidered 2 hours
Tuesday - stitched Legends 1 hour
Wednesday - stitched Legends 2 hours

2 comments:

Carol said...

Hi Nikki - That is cool that you found someone neat to hang out with - and you got some good fabric too! Your header said bad news, but I couldn't find any in your entry (which is good!!) - congrats on finishing Majesty! I hope to finish Magic soon, but I want tonight to be Earth Angel night :-) Get home safely!

Anonymous said...

Hey Nikki! Just wanted to say i love your blog! I read everyday! You do some great stitching! very inspiring! Happy stitching! -Joy-