Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Pig Roast Weekend!

First I'll post my updated pictures, I never posted my finished Tiger so here he is:

He took 7.5 hours to complete.

And my updated Legends of the Dragons, I worked more on the border and finished the word Majesty under the dragon.

That's at 37 hours.

I had a great weekend - the weather was better than I ever thought it would be! Thursday I took a day off to just relax with my boyfriend, we got stuff done, including clothes shopping for him for his internship this summer which started today. Then we watched The Last Samurai which I really enjoyed. I read the book Shogun and there were a lot of similarities between the two experiences.

Friday we picked up my brother's girlfriend and drove back home. We spent the day helping out about the house, baking, cleaning etc. Then we had a night with the family playing poker as my uncle's all came early.

Saturday was the pig roast. It was great, it was slow starting compared to normal, most people showed up more like 3 instead of 1 but that just meant more pig for us early folk. I took tons of pictures, filling my camera and getting some great shots. If they come out alright I will print them to scrapbook them. I did them on low quality though so i'm not sure how they will come out printed unless I print them myself smaller than 4x6.

Sunday was more family time, my little cousins were tired and kept trying to go to sleep but we tried to put that off for their car ride to help their parents a bit so we kept them running around. Plus I could get more pictures of them that way :)

We came home pretty early sunday and relaxed yesterday as well. I managed to get some stuff done, and I baked a cake for my boss' birthday today. I actually baked 2 cakes and made them into the shape of a hot dog with a bun. Unfortunately as I was baking the second cake (the chocolate part), the oven broke. So I finished it on the grill, not sure how it came out but it seems to be cooked through and the pieces I cut off tasted fine. We'll see this afternoon when we cut it open.

I didn't get a lot of stitching in. I haven't been stitching much lately. I have to start working on the website tonight too so that will cut down more on stitching. Which brings me to my goals, I didnt' do too badly and I'll do them in a seperate entry but I think I will be easy on myself next month. I am going to put away Peaceful Silhouette for a while and focus on Legends of the Dragons at work now. The Ever So Little - Gazelle which I need to start and finish in June I will work on sporadically including at my stitch nights that I can make. And most evenings I will continue working on my quilt.

Speaking of my quilt - I finished quilting the center 15" square of the quilt and i think it looks good. I started the first green border a bit too. Hopefully in June I can finish the green border and start the cross hatch triangles. Maybe I can get a picture of my quilting so far.
Well off to a meeting!

1 comment:

Dani - tkdchick said...

Great progress on Legends, and your Tiger looks awesome!