Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Another great night.

As Carol put it, i do believe my boyfriend missed me, not just last week while I was in California but the last few weeks while he was busy studying and such for finals.

When I got home we went running again, a little further this time which was really good. Then he made a pizza for dinner and we watched tv (mostly Seinfeld episodes but also some Sex and the City Reruns). I quilted while he played computer games. I bought a new wrist brace at walmart, along with a ton of other things while I was there (i went in to buy just lotion and came out spending a whole lot more!)

But it was good, I went through the flower section and picked out some bulbs that will grown in full shade since that's all i have and I may take friday off of work to plant them and plant my indoor seeds. Since I won't be home this weekend that's my only chance.

Besides that yesterday my boyfriend cleaned my car (really cleaned - it came out great), then met me for lunch and we ate out. Then we swapped cars and he went home to relax until I got there. It was really nice. I'm going to miss him today since I go to my aunt's tonight, but i'm going to try to keep up the running by running after work today hopefully, i brought my clothes :)

On my Amish Quilt, I now have 3 cross hatch/flower corners finished of the center block and the 4th started a bit. I need another evening to finish that probably (2-3 hours) then I can start on the border design which needs to be outlined in white again because it keeps rubbing out. My month goal is to get the green border at least started - so maybe one side finished completely would be good. Next month I can finish that and start on the purple triangle cross hatch which is huge!

I've never had a Mirabilia pattern that I've wanted to stitch, but I've now found some that I really want, particularly I like the style of
Spring in My Garden
Summer in My Garden
Winter in My Garden
I don't see a Fall in My Garden - wonder if there will be one.
I also like
Sleeping Beauty
and
Cinderella
There are a few others that I like, and most of them I think are beautiful I just don't think I'd actually stitch them as I have to feel a connection or pull to a large piece before stitching it.
I do own Midsummer's Night's Fairy and I like that one a lot, not sure if i'll stitch it but I couldn't turn it down on sale since I do like it a lot. The best part about having some patterns I like is that when I have some free money to spend I know exactly what to get, lately it's been tough finding new patterns I like and I had kind of slowed down buying any. But then this month i've had no problems :)

Another note - this week since I've been running regularly (yesterday marked day 3!!!), I decided to cut candy/junk out of my diet for a while. I'm doing pretty good at this, i'm not watching what i eat (i still ate chinese food for lunch monday), but no candy or sugar snacks for a few days, and a lot more fruit has been going well. I'm not trying to lose weight so much as get in a little better shape and be healthier in general so we'll just see how this goes!

No comments: