Monday, May 23, 2005

Picture Update:

I didn't have much time to work on it but here's Legends of the Dragons at 33 hours.


And Peaceful Silhouette I worked on for a tiny bit last week:


I forgot to scan my Ever So Little - Tiger that I finished this weekend, hopefully I will get that later this week.

Not much stitching going on lately. Most evenings last week I worked on my Amish quilt, trying really hard to finish quilting the center square by the end of the month. I finished the 4 cross hatched corners so all i have left is to do the scallops around the block.

Taking friday off was great. Thursday night was a strange night, I stitched at stitch night - working on my Ever So Little. Then home and I think I mostly went to bed but I can't remember. Friday was a long day, first I slept in most of the day, finally catching up on the sleep I've needed since my trip to california.

No gardening got done - I am now saving that until this thursday. I did clean, the whole apartment which was good. Then we went to lunch and bought some movies. The rest of the evening we watched movies and made ice cream sundaes. :)

Saturday we picked my brother up at college and brought him home. Then I spent the day helping my parents get ready for the pig roast next weekend. Sunday we went shopping with my mom for bed linens and towels then out to dinner with my boyfriend's parents. We actually got home quite early - before 7.

I then pieced my quilt blocks for the raffle quilt for guild Tuesday night. Then we watched the movie "Closer" with Julia Roberts. I was not a fan of the movie at all, I can't stand movies where I dislike the characters so much. Those people had problems.

I did manage however to pick up Legends of the Dragons a bit yesterday (car ride), and started the word Majesty along the bottom. I hope to finish that by the end of the month too which I could do if I had 2 hours more probably.

And now it's back to work. Unfortunately it's a bad allergy day as I've had to blow my nose a lot already and I've only been here 2 hours. The great news is that I'm only working 3 days this week then I have Thursday off to garden and stitch. Then friday it's back home to bake and clean for the pig roast. Saturday is the pig roast. Sunday is the recoup day and then we'll come home sunday night to have a relaxing monday (more stitching for me)!!!

I do need to start working on the website, desperately so actually. My funds are running low and I need to cut spending too. I will have to talk to my boyfriend about this, no eating out for a while. Not really a big deal since i will only see him on weekends for the next 11 weeks (after this week).

So my goal is no cross stitch spending or quilting spending or stampin spending or craft spending at all until I've worked on the website for at least 10 hours. That will get me into the flow of working. Really my craft spending isn't a problem because it's not that much, what hurts me is food - eating out etc. and walmart shopping. So I am also going to avoid walmart. I have a gift i need to buy at target thursday when my boyfriend goes clothes shopping for work and that's it until I make some more money.

I sure am crossing my fingers that I get a raise next month (annual review). I'm not counting on it but it would help a lot for sure!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Majesty is looking great!! :-)