Monday, May 02, 2005

Celebrations and Pictures!

Well I have to say I had a great weekend :) I will start with some updated pictures. Thursday night and friday morning I worked on Legends of the Dragons and started the backstitching so the updated picture with progress at 28 hours now is:


A few hours progress from working on my lunch break this week leaves Peaceful Silhouette at 23 hours:


And Celebrations. My sister showed up Friday and we made dinner before heading up for round robin. We decided we'd pick one of the 4 projects we got and start it that night so when we got back we started Wendy White's Needlebook but we each changed the color of the words and flower leaves using some Six Strand Sweets, my sister chose a green scheme and I chose a more blue/purple scheme. I finished the main part, what's not finished is the back which needs a monogram that i have to design still. This I finished Saturday night at the hotel:


Saturday was a great day, we stopped at Joann's to shop for a while then shopped at Celebrations for a while upon arrival. I found some great new things including a design of "Miss Mary Mack" and a kit which included the frame and fabric for a tiny design of a house on 36 or 40 count fabric over 1.

After shopping I got to meet Carol whose many projects are even more amazing in person. I can not believe how many projects she has going and going well I might add as they each progress quite a bit each week!

We decided to get some dinner and some stitching in before the saturday night event which was good as I was able to get the queen stitches done on that needlebook by wendy white. Then at the event we got a new project by Susan Greening Davis for another style needlebook, we made the inside cover at the event and I started the front cover sunday morning before our class. This piece has a carnation on the front with some borders, I finished the carnation last night, but realized as i was finishing it that it was supposed to be stitched over 2 and i stitched it over 1... here's the picture:

Not sure what i'm going to do now, maybe i'll restitch it over 2 on the other piece and use this one as the back cover. Doesn't matter right now as this will be put away for a short while.

So then we had our class with Catherine Strickler of Indigo Rose, I took her Stitcher's Toy Box class last year and I like her teaching style as you get to start on the real piece right away so i thought it would be a good class for my sister to try out. It was Tiffany's Sweet Bag with accesories. The kit includes everything to make a 4 sided bag, a needle case, a scissor holder/fob and a case to hold a tiny tape measure which is the same case as the one from last years round robin which i finished last year and so i already have that done :)

So in the class I was able to finish half of the scissor holder we started, this same tree is stitched again on the needle holder and then 4 times on the bag but it only took me 3.5 hours so i think i can handle it. I did mess up towards the top but it's not really noticeable so i'll just ignore it, i figure i have 5 more to stitch and i won't mess any of those up hopefully. Here's the tree finished:


So after that we went to ACMoore and got a frame for my sister's finished piece which is for a wedding in May. When we got home we painted the frame and i laced the piece onto some foam core for her so she can finish the framing when the frame is really dry today. I think it came out great. So after that I finished the carnation but i couldn't stitch much more after that. My wrist was really tired so we went out to dinner and then relaxed the rest of the night.

I hit a high last month and stitched a total of 50 hours plus I quilted 16 hours... this is much more than usual and we'll see if i can keep that up when i have to start working on the website again now :( I need to keep the quilting up around 15 hours in order to hit my deadline and i may need to up that more so we'll see how much of a hit my stitching takes.

Plus I got some new yarn and a pattern for a sweater to knit that i'd like to try out so i may be starting that relatively soon. I'll wait a while as i'd like to finish some of these new projects now :)

2 comments:

Carol said...

HI Nicole - Great meeting you on Saturday, even if only for 10 minutes! Your sister is a cutie! Your progress pics look wonderful - and boy you had some nice classes at Celebrations too :-) Maybe we can take one together, along with Aimee, next year?? That would be cool!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Sounds like you hand an awesome stitching filled weekend! Great progress on all your projects!