Tuesday, May 03, 2005

My wrist hurts. It's been building up since some time last week but my wrist is getting worse, no real surprise considering the amount of stitching and typing I do each day. The problem is I can't find my wrist brace that I have some place - and i think i must have thrown it out last time i cleaned out my closet. I have no idea why i would, but i searched for an hour last night and my apartment is not that large. I checked everyplace and no brace, i really should buy one if i can, i got that one from a doctor 2 years ago when i was "diagnosed" with possible tendonitis. It's strange because as with most problems i have it comes and goes with stress not with over use and of course this is a very stressful time with a deadline at work next week and flying to california for work for the first time.

Anyway - enough of that, last night I worked more on my Amish quilt, only 40 minutes since i spent so much time searching for my brace though. Then I was really good and I went to the gym and ran/walked/biked for 40 minutes and i hope to do the same tonight. When i first got home from work i booted my desktop computer into linux to start working on the website, the mysql database is giving me problems though so i gave up after an hour. I'm not sure what i will do yet but i'll take another crack at it tonight.

Schedule wise for this week it looks like i will be working late tonight and tomorrow night. Then tonight i will quilt more on my amish quilt. Tomorrow night I will start piecing block 9 of my ohio star quilt at my aunt's. Thursday is stitch night so i'll work on Legends. Friday more amish quilt. Then this weekend i want to piece the 4 blocks for the raffle quilt and start embroidering the 5th. I'd also like to maybe start my ever so little - tiger for the month. A nice long weekend at home is what i'm looking forward to.

Oh more good news, i got out my one suitcase last night (as i was searching for my wrist brace) and i measured it, it looks like it's the perfect carryon size, so there's a minimal chance i can fit everything i need in this one bag and just bring the carryon. Then instead of a "purse" i'll bring my cross stitch bag which is purse size. One major dilemma is that i can't bring scissors at all then for the whole week. I'm not sure how that will work. I do have a clover cutter and a needle threader/cutter that i can bring, i'll just have to test them out make sure they will cover me for everything. Plus that means i can't really pack my amish quilt as it's too large so no quilting progress - i'll bring just stitching and piecing/embroidery, maybe my new knitting pattern too, not sure.

So there will be a test packing of my suitcase soon as i like to do stuff like that, then i can find any problems early. Oh yea and that reminds me that i need to go clothes shopping for some more business like clothes (just some button up shirts) so i'm not wearing the same 2 for 4 days. Sorry this is a long entry - and i should be keeping my typing down to a minimum, i guess i should go get my hot chocolate and head into the closed area :(

1 comment:

Carol said...

Did I miss something? Where you are going?? :-)