Monday, May 16, 2005

If I could be a scientist . . .

If I could be a farmer I would have lots of children and animals. I would get up at dawn and spend the morning tending to animals and then cleaning/cooking. The children would have chores if they weren't in school and in the evenings I would stitch. I would not have a tv at all and my family would play board games and cards to occupy ourselves.

If I could be a musician . . .

If I could be a doctor I would work in a small town where I would know each of my patients personally. Where I would give a child their first exam and still know them when they go off to college and need final vaccinations. I would strive to know each patient, and listen, even when they aren't talking, sometimes people just need more time to talk and it's very easy to miss the important things that are said if you are expecting answers, I would expect nothing.

If I could be a painter I would travel around the world, painting everything I see. I would paint things that no one notices anymore as life moves too fast. I would sit for hours in a field watching crickets or the sunrise and paint whatever catches my eye. My art would show people what they are missing.

If I could be a gardener . . .
If I could be a missionary . . .
If I could be a chef . . .
If I could be an architect . . .
If I could be a linguist . . .
If I could be a psychologist . . .

If I could be a librarian I would read all day long. I would have story times for children to encourage interest in reading at a young age. I would organize book clubs for children and adults and participate in as many as I could. I love books and I would be very happy.

If I could be an athlete . . .
If I could be a lawyer . . .
If I could be an inn-keeper . . .
If I could be a professor . . .
If I could be a writer . . .
If I could be a llama-rider . . .
If I could be a bonnie pirate . . .

If I could be an astronaut in the idealized sense, I would go to the moon and to Mars and any other planet I could. I would sit in the space station and admire the stars and earth all at once. I believe the future is in space and I would try to set up more programs to get more young people interested in space exploration, it's expensive and not popular enough to have the funding it really needs.

If I could be a world famous blogger . . .
If I could be a justice on any one court in the world . . .
If I could be married to any current famous political figure . . .

1 comment:

Kitty Couture said...

I like your answers Nicole :)