Thursday, May 19, 2005

Stitch Night Tonight!

I can't wait. And I finally decided to take tomorrow off. With my boyfriend having these 2 weeks off it would be nice to be home with him a bit before he starts working up in NH. Plus with the family reunion I don't have weekends at home to get things done. So I will use 3 of my vacation days up in these two weeks, in total I think I will have used 4 vacation days and I get 3 weeks a year so on my 1 year date I will have 2 weeks and 1 day exactly if I counted right.

I didn't work on my ohio star quilt last night. Instead I worked on knitting my sweater, it's knitted in pieces and I am starting with the back, I have a few inches now, i think it's supposed to be 15", i'm not sure how much I have. This is all new to me so we'll see how it goes.

No running yesterday, the day just didn't work out right for it. At my aunt's I helped make dinner then watched dinner while she went and picked up my cousin. Tonight when I get home I will go for a run with my boyfriend before Stitch. And with tomorrow off I might stay up late stitching tonight.

After seeing Carol's progress on Legends it makes me want to work on that, but I think since it's tough to work with something large at stitch I will work on my Tiger at stitch and then maybe Legends when I get home. I'd like to finish the tiger by the end of the month and I have the body and tail left to finish still.

A quick check on my goals tells me:::
1) I need to keep up quilting amish quilt (obviously)
3) I need to piece block 10 of ohio stars
4) I need to stitch 8 more hours on Peaceful Sillhouette
5) Stitch the word Majesty on Legends and work on border
6) Finish my tiger
7) Piece 4 blocks for raffle quilt
8) I don't think I'll get to the needlebook from Celebrations but maybe I should design the monogram.

I had some high goals, unfortunately with the Pig Roast coming up I lose most of my weekend time to stitch so that's hurting me big time. And next month I'll have the website to work on so I will have to keep my goals down then. Although I'm making good progress with the Ever So Littles and Legends of the Dragons so I want to keep those up. I may take a break next month from Peaceful Sillhouette and work on the Ever So Little at work. Leaving quilting for the evenings and knitting too.

Did I mention I was thinking about a new hobby. Not a completely new hobby, but I was thinking about making paper. I shred a lot of my credit card offers and bills and things. I was thinking of recycling that into homemade paper which I could use for scrapbooking. I could color it and add flowers and plants etc and it would be great for crafts. Just one more thing to do with my free time ;)

If you don't hear from me tomorrow it's because I'm outside planting some flowers in my "garden" :)

1 comment:

Carol said...

Hi Nicole! Enjoy your day off tomorrow!! I only have 3 clients, so will be out at noon, so it is kind of a day off - and gardening is on my agenda too! If you need any gardening tips, just holler :-) Will be looking forward to your next Legends pic. Enjoy your family reunion - sounds fun!! Oh, and I like your shredded paper idea for your scrapbooking! My niece (who is 14) does that and takes the shreds and puts them on paper, then cuts the letters of her name out, etc and hangs them on her door - looks very cool!