Friday, May 06, 2005

Stitch night - Excitement!

Well i managed to get out of work a little after 5, which meant heavy traffic, home for 5 minutes to unload laundry and pick up stitching, then off. More heavy traffic and i ended up being late by 15 minutes. No biggie, still a seat free.

Turns out i missed some major excitement back at 3 - there was a shooting at the pharmacy next door! No one was hurt at all, just scared and the robber ran off getting nothing (the owner had a gun and shot a warning shot at the ceiling when he saw the guy come in wearing a ski mask). Then the robber took a shot at the owner and the owner shot back (both missed), and the robber ran off. The cross stitch shop shares a wall with the pharmacy so it was quite an event. Tons of police cars and news vans showed up i guess. Only a single police car was left when i showed up.

So it was an interesting night, lots of talking, really no stitching got done, i was too exhausted. I did manage to start the second Ever So Little - the Tiger, mostly i figured out the counting to place him right and started his tail a bit so now i can pick him up easily and work on him.
For the most part i shopped, i spent about 50 dollars... on some great stuff too! I am going to search and see if i can find everything i got to show off.

So I got Girl's Night Out - it's a red hat society chart by Just Nan but i can change the color or ignore it, it's just bright and fun!
I got Thanksgiving Gingham by Twisted Threads.
I got another Witch piece, dont' remember the name - it was three witches flying brooms, in a solid dark color (silhouette piece).


Well there were a bunch more (i spent 50 dollars) - 2 snowmen pieces, another thanksgiving themed piece.
But work calls - i must call into a meeting that i wasn't going to call into until 2.

So quickly - I will be in California next week ! Usually i post pictures and such monday - so maybe sunday night i can get on and blog. I will probably be scarce next week in the blogging scene, especially reading blogs - the monday after will be a lot of catching up :) So I'm not gone yet but I will be going shortly ;)

1 comment:

Carol said...

Sounds like you had fun at stitch night - so glad nobody was hurt at the pharmacy. I checked the news, couldn't find it. I hope you have a safe trip to California, and I hope you can get some sightseeing in while you are there too!