Monday, October 23, 2006

A very good weekend - after a horrible day friday - I'll skip the friday monologue - what a horrible day. But I did get some embroidery time and most of my homework finished friday and then last night I put the final embroidery stitches into Leanne's Quilt Block 2!:
Loving this block - but very glad it's over. Block 3 is applique heavy, but embroidery light, i have a feeling I'll be wishing for the embroidery when I'm busy appliqueing but for now i'm looking forward to it.

I also got some finishing done yesterday! I finally made the pyn pillow from Celebrations into a pyn pillow :)
And here it is from the side, with ribbon all around to hide the seam:
And the basket pin from Celebrations also finished up - this one was easy but cute and I'm glad to have it done now:
It was a packed weekend, Saturday was a day spent with friends, we went to a tea room for lunch and then shopping - both ACMoore and Joann's, I had a blast, then on my way home I stopped at a quilt shop and really got into the quilting mood again (got the stuffing for the pyn pillow too).
Sunday was a day to just get things done, I did laundry, finished homework, carved my pumpkin, made dinner, all those things I haven't done in so long :)
And now it's back to work - hopefully not as crazy as the last few weeks but definitely busy none the less. And class tonight - and next week is my midterm oh my!

No comments: