Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Thank you for all the comments on Going To Market, it was one of the first pieces that ever caught my eye and I still can't believe that it's finished - it really stitched up quite fast, probably because the background is all half stitches.

Last night was an organizing night, the apartment is a mess right now but I moved SO much stuff down into the basement after vacuuming it thoroughly to de-spider it. Our christmas tree and decorations, car cleaning/fixing supplies, winter boots and wear, folding table/chairs, empty boxes (for when we move again), unused books and just stuff taking up room is now organized nicely in the two closets in the basement.

I didn't get to the second step which is vacuuming the apartment and reorganizing my closet and the kitchen closet now that there's more space but this weekend I can get to that, i'm just happy to have STUFF moved. It will be much easier to keep things clean when there's room to store it all. And the basement is in decent shape, I wouldn't mind buying some furniture for down there if the need ever arose but hopefully with only a year to go in this apartment, we'll be okay.

No stitching last night, we went out to dinner when I got home and then I spent the entire evening moving things - good exercise on the stairs though :) I finally crashed while reading - this is the second time I've tried to start "Sixpence House" but I keep falling asleep. I should really try starting it before 10pm at night.
Dentist appointment today at noon :( That just puts a damper on the entire morning right there!

1 comment:

Nicki said...

Hi Nicole Love your Going to Market!

Leanne's House is a Block of the Month and I got mine from Honeysuckle Cttage http://www.honeysucklecottage.com.au/ but there are quite a few stores doing it :)