Monday, May 22, 2006

Getting There...

I worked on Going To Market a bit on sunday - finished the little boy and started the circles in the woman's dress which are going to take forever! I will do the background starting at lunch today so the backstitching is last as there isn't that much left to do besides all the circles!


That was it for stitching time this weekend, Friday night was a waste - traffic was so bad because part of i-90 was shut down so I didnt' get home until 8 or something (that included a quick stop at joann's) and then I did nothing. Saturday we visiting family and had a great time leaving to come home sunday morning. So sunday I wound floss and then stitched while watching the rest of season 1 of profiler and starting season 2.

Before bed I got out all the floss needed for Kingdom Sampler - except the WDW color which I need to get probably on thursday. I also went through the fabrics I had bought for this piece and I've widdled it down to two options:

The one I'm leaning towards is a Silkweaver Solo - 32ct:

It's a light pink with some sandiness to it and some light light greenish greys spotted throughout. I thought it would give a nice sunset look to the sky and the greens/greys of the mountains would work nicely. I just have to check the WDW on this. Sorry about the pictures I did this at night so I had no sunlight option.

And the second one is Silkweaver Golden Promise - 32ct:

It's mostly a golden sandy color with some lighter patches. I bought it thinking it had some pinks in it but it didn't really. I do like it however and it's a tough choice. If i'm daring i will go with number 1 but number 2 is a safe choice I think.

So Carol and I will be starting Kingdom Sampler soon! I'd really like to finish up Going To Market which I *think* i can finish by the end of this month. Mostly because I'd also like to start another new piece in June as well as Kindom Sampler so I have to get into a rotation of sorts, we'll see how it goes! But I am getting excited :)

3 comments:

Singular Stitches said...

Wow, you've really made some great progress on the Market piece!

Very nice!

Kim said...

Going to Market looks wonderful!

For what it's worth, I like both fabrics, but if you are talking about Dragon Dreams Kingdom Sampler. I think I'd go for the first one. You are right about the color simulating sunset. :D Either way you can't go wrong. :D

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Amazing progress on Going to Market!! You are doing a great job!