Thursday, May 18, 2006

Going To Market still moving along - slowly :)

This has basically become my focus piece because I realized how close I am to finished! I will work on this at stitch tonight and any time i have tomorrow and this weekend :) I'd like to have it finished before my family reunion next weekend but i'm not 100% sure that will happen as there's a lot of backstitching to do still.

Carol is getting ready to start our next SAL together - we're going to stitch Kingdom Sampler, she needs a few more weeks - probably early June so hopefully I can have Going To Market finished up and rotate between Peaceful Silhouette at work, small projects, Mini Cottages II and Kingdom Sampler as my main piece - with how fast Carol stitches who knows if I'll even keep up this way :)

I bought some fabric for this piece a while back - it's sandy colored with some pink hues - going for a sunset look in the sky I think - I will get all the threads together this weekend and do a floss toss for a final decision on the fabric and post a picture!

Once that piece is started I have another one I want to start - maybe try to finish Mini Cottages II first? It's one I want to do as a gift for my aunt for christmas maybe - we'll see!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Hi Nikki - unless you really want to do this in another way, my open slot for Kingdom Sampler will be on Mondays - with MTM's big parts winding down next month, I could also put some weekend time in on it - or not! Let me know - does stitching it one day a week sound good to you, since it is surely not a big project? I think that is how we did Legends, right??