Tuesday, May 30, 2006

FINISHED...

I finished her up on the drive home thursday evening, amazingly it was still light out when we left (7:40) so I was able to stitch until she was done and then read for a while too.

It was a long weekend - but lots of fun, my car's engine light is out again - hopefully for a long while after they finally fixed the correct problem, and I even made it to my stitch night for an hour as I'd hoped before going home to pack and leave. Friday was setup for my family reunion and saturday was a nice relaxing just hang out with family day, sunday too actually and then we drove home and crashed as I was exhausted - all that sun too!

Monday after spending the day doing hardly anything, I picked up my stitching and worked on Mini Cottages II:

Unfortunately I started the mountain on the left and after using an entire strand realized I was stitching in the wrong direction! Had to pull it all out and start over but I did manage to finish the mountain and start the sky before being too tired to even stitch!

I finished a great book this weekend - The Red Tent, which I truly had no idea what it was about when I started it. It was great though and now I'm either going to read Sixpence House or something else entirely, I haven't decided yet as I have a ton to choose from.

So the house is a mess (really need to vacuum) and not much is getting checked off my must do list but it was a great weekend and I'm completely ready to start Kindom Sampler next week now since Going To Market is finished. I think Monday night is a good night to stitch Kindom Sampler, and if I end up missing out on monday night I always have wednesday night to make it up, then I will stitch Mini Cottages II and some other projects during the rest of the week. I just might try out this rotation thing!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Nicole - Really nice. I started this one some time ago and put it aside. Seeing it completed so beautifully makes me wanna pick it up again.

Singular Stitches said...

Congrats on the finish. I've really enjoyed watching your progress on this!

Yeah, Happy Dance! :o)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the finish! Great work!

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Both pieces look wonderful. Congrats on your finish!

Carol said...

Oh Nikki! Going To Market came out great! Congratulations!