Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Rain rain go away!

It is still raining - although down here it's not fully raining, just misty and cloudy with some fog mixed in. Our basement is not leaking as badly as last year but it is wet in some places and moist all over. My landlord has a dehumidifier going as always but this makes me worry about moving any of my stuff down there - especially my snowboard.

Anyhow - I forgot to take a picture last night but I finishe the Saturday Night Event piece from Celebrations yesterday. It's very cute and I do think it will come in a little bit handy when I travel to hold stitching things or jewelry and yet you can carry it flat so it doesn't take up space :) Picture to come shortly for sure!

Other stitching news - I started the appleseed needlecase by Jeannette Douglas and it just did not go well - I started with the center stitches and then I moved the the border which is when I realized the very center stitch kind of overlaps the two around it so my piece is off by 2 threads and I'm not sure yet what I will do. Most likely since it's 2 threads I will just fudge it and make it work and my needlecase will be two threads larger. I just have to make sure it won't matter in the long run!

The only problem with the needlecase is that there are no finishing instructions so I will have to figure out myself how I want to finish it which makes it a little less likely to get done :) We'll see how it goes. I think for now i'm going to pull out Going To Market and Peaceful Silhouette and get back to them for a bit this month!

Today is bbq day at work with our new grill - we have a canopy so the rain can't stop us and it will be a feast. I made 2 desserts last night - a boston creme pie (cake) and a chocolate silk pie. YUMMY!

No comments: