Monday, May 08, 2006

Celebrations!

Oh man where do I even begin - what a great weekend ;) Thursday night at stitch was great too and I worked on Peaceful Silhouette finishing up the bottom left corner so I can work on the boat next. Evidently my boyfriend wants it as a graduation gift next year so he can hang it in his office at whatever job he has - :( Kind of want it hanging at home but we'll see :)

So Friday I took the day off and got things done, my sister came up and we stitched, I worked on projects from Celebrations 2005 and finished up the Wendy White Needlecase and the Tiffany's Sweetbag Scissorcase, I will try to post a picture of those tomorrow as I need to use the camera for those.
Then I stitched up an ornament for the ornament tree (sorry no pic) which was auctioned off.

Saturday was the big day and we headed up early to get some shopping in - which I took full advantage of - getting my first punchneedle project to try as well as a punch needle, an embroider kit and some patterns. Then my sister and a friend and I went to our class - C of A's Pyn-Pillow:

It was a great class and I thought it would be just blackwork but it has pulled work in it as well and queen stitches so it was a real treat. This is the progress I made after also working on it Sunday night.

Then we went to dinner and to the saturday night event. Sunday however we went to the round robin and oh man - it was great - I loved all 4 projects and already finished the stitching on one:

I stitched it over one so I could add my name and then I will add a border too and make it into the pin as directed. It's stitched with Olde Willow Stitchery linen hand dyed threads - which I have to say I am not in love with - the linen thread frays very easily and starts to look puffy. Maybe it's because I stitched it over one but I really don't like the look and I wish I had switched it to DMC instead.

I hope to finish both of these projects as well as all 3 of the other round robins and the wendy white round robin I bought that matches the one I finished from last year. Plus the project from the saturday night event is cute. So hopefully this month I will have a lot of little finishes :)

So sunday I started beading - we went to acmoore and i bought more beading supplies and found a kit to make a necklace so when i got home i made the necklace and then 2 pairs of earrings to give as birthday gifts. I have a few more I need to make but now I have a start on beading. I'd like to get out my card making stuff tonight and get some long overdue cards done as I just haven't had the time to get it all out but I think I do now :) Hopefully more pictures to come tomorrow!

No comments: