Monday, November 22, 2004

Well I kinda bought a car :) I didn't get the demo car - the sales person and the sales manager were extremely rude and we ended up leaving with an offer for 16,000 on the table but the rudeness was too much.

So Saturday after I worked on the website and the site went live, we drove up to Danvers to another dealer. A much nicer saleman, he didn't have a car on the lot but could get me one and gave me a price. At the same time my uncle went to a dealer near him and got the exact same price, also no car on the lot. Then we went up to my uncle's for the night.

So saturday night we played with the kids then played some Battlefield Vietnam until midnight - awesome game! Then Sunday got up early and headed home. On the way we did some much needed grocery shopping and then I cleaned up a bit before my bf's study group came over. While they were there I quilted mostly, and cleaned some more - no vacuuming got done but the bathroom/kitchen got cleaned and the livingroom picked up. Dusting and vacuuming still needs to happen at some point, maybe we'll come home kinda early next saturday and i'll do it then.

So then last night i dealt with the dealer some more and got the price down to 16800 for a new one, in the color i want (it's grey), and i put down a deposit. They are now going to get the car, and Tuesday night i'll go up and sign the paperwork. It is possible the car my be ready by wednesday night but i'm not counting on it and i think i will wait until next sunday to go get it when i can look it over in daylight before taking it.

So i do have a car - unfortunately they won't take my car as a trade in due to the high miles (150,000). So i'm either going to donate it or sell it real cheap (like 500 or something). Trade in value is around 800 but obviously they won't take it :) And it runs great - so i don't feel bad about selling it, however a tax break would be helpful and might be more worth it.

The website - it's live - and working, i spent a bunch of time last night working on some small things and things are running well, orders coming in etc. There's a list of things that i need to do tonight and the list of things that need to get done eventually still. I'm just glad it's still running :)

That's my update from the long weekend - that felt short :)

No comments: