Monday, November 08, 2004

I'm BACK!!! And I do have a picture :)

Stupid me - forgot to bring my camera!!! I can't believe it! BUT i had a blast and I really mean it. Jeanette Douglas taught the class and she was a blast, a great teacher, very relaxed and so much fun. We worked on the sampler in class for about 11 hours over 2 days, plus i worked on breaks and in the evening. So my progress pic is about 16 hours of work (rough estimate):


Click image for larger version.

So - LONG STORY:
Thursday night i worked until 8pm! I missed my stitch night :( but had work obligations and got them done. Then home to pack and relax, but before i got home someone from work called with another problem! Took care of it and then relaxed. Friday I drove down to the retreat met up with my roommate who I got along with wonderfully and had a great time with. I'm looking forward to doing the Sturbridge retreat with her in July of next year! Then we had class, then lunch, then class, then fun time. We got TONS of free stuff, patterns, kits, floss, lots of neat stuff. Plus I bought some stuff at the shop that set up.
Saturday it was more of the same, class, lunch, class, dinner, show and tell then relax stitching. Sunday my roommate and i went out to breakfast before leaving.

Then I went to my sister's and gave her her birthday presents, then showed her all my stitching stuff and stayed till after dinner. Then home to see BF and show more stitching stuff. Then i just layed in bed for 3 hours doing nothing, not sleeping or anything, just unraveling i guess you could say. Then I read before bed, came to work and the day begins ;)

So this week is packed - i haven't heard from my uncle about babysitting this week so i know for sure that wednesday i'm visiting my other uncle, mon and tue and thur i'm working on the website, then friday it's off to the quilting retreat and i won't be home until late sunday unlike this past weekend. But i will hopefully get a ton done on my quilts including the block for my class that i've put off. I did however do 2 curved seams and then one straight to put them together.

Well i'm losing steam - told my weekend story a lot and still have to email my mom about it. I should wait till after lunch for that i think. I really am still excited but i'm also tired and worn out from a long weekend of concentrating. I will remember my camera this coming weekend for sure!

No comments: