Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Alright back to having no car - I got my deposit back too. I have another dealership to call and see if they can get me the same car with no extra fees... ho hum! This is a long annoying process.

BUT _ it's almost thanksgiving!!! Only 2 days of work to get through and then a nice long 4 day weekend with great food.

Last night was boring - i worked pretty late, then cooked dinner and worked on the website until bedtime. I'm guessing today will be about the same but today i hope to at least get a lot of work done, yesterday was full of distractions.

I'm really looking forward to thanksgiving - thursday we'll spend the day cooking and quilting, and then dinner, then thursday night late we're going to play computer games (battlefield vietnam)... then friday hopefully more quilting and playing with the kids, then saturday quilt more? and head home to clean so sunday can be spent working on the website and quilting. I haven't stressed about the amount of quilting because i knew this weekend was coming and i will have more time than usual.

So my goal for this 4 day weekend:

- Finish quilting block 6 (just have to do something in the 4 corners i believe)
- Finish piecing the flower to appliquet
- Start adding sashing to a few blocks
- Wash and cut fabric for block 5
- Appliquet flower onto fabric (block 5)
I won't set more goals than that - who knows how long the sashing part is going to take but i will have the machine and i can leave the back of the sashing open until the next week.

So that would leave me a full week (including a weekend) to quilt block 5 and finish as much sashing as possible before the next class where I hopefully will then learn how to do the border and outside sashing. Then i will have to visit home before the last class to finish that part and put on a binding = or save that until after the class ends. Either way i really want to FINISH this quilt this year! And with cross stitch so on hold maybe i can.

Speaking of cross stitch - i must start the winnie the pooh soon - it's my only time challenge piece and i'm not sure if january alone is enough time... oh yea and my RR to be mailed Jan 1st - i wonder if that's still on??

No comments: