Monday, November 29, 2004

Ah - a great long weekend - and it really was!

Wednesday night was not fun - we went to the dealership and I test drove the Audi - and put a deposit down because it's perfect for me. Then we started the LONG drive home in traffic. Finally HOURS later we got home, my boyfriend went to his parent's for dinner and then out with friends. I visited my parents and then cross stitched on Bunny Gingham a bit before going to bed.

Thursday we relaxed, ate food (lots of food :) and then at night we played Battlefield Vietnam of course :) Friday we hung out with family, played with the cousins most of the day, I taught my 5 and 3 yr old cousins how to "sew" a little quilt together, really it was four pieces of fabric each, sewn together into a small 5x5 square that they called a quilt. It was fun though. Then we went to my boyfriend's parent's house for dinner, then back to my parent's where I worked on my quilt while most everyone watched a movie.

So the Quilt as you go quilt is starting to go together, i can't work on it again until I visit home again because I need a machine with a walking foot and I don't have one :) But I have two rows put together so I see how the process works now. I will update with pictures real soon I promise.

We headed back home saturday morning and stopped by walmart to pick out a fake christmas tree. Then I cleaned the apartment top to bottom, then I decorated for christmas and we put up the tree (which is a process in itself!). I miss having a real tree but the mess it makes and the watering of the tree isn't practical right now. Then I worked on the website for the rest of the night.

Sunday - I went and paid for my car, worked on the website, cooked dinner (pork tenderloin) and quilted! I go the flowers appliquetted onto block 5 - the only thing left is the leaves, then it can be quilted. Then I started the Winnie the Pooh piece for my coworker having a baby in February. I only worked on that for a half hour because I had to work on the website more but now it's started at least.

So -- coming are pictures: - bunny gingham updated, - quilt blocks put together, - block 5 progress, - block 5 finished whenever i do finish it.

Today at some point soon I need to go to the insurance company and pay for my new car. Then tonight - i get home around 6, hopefully soon after we can go get my new car! Then I will probably take the night off from the website and just work on my quilt and cross stitch. The website I can do tomorrow after I go to the gym. (No gym tonight because i'm getting the car and cooking dinner).

So now it's time to work and figure out when the insurance company is open around lunch!

No comments: