Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Quilt class...

Well I made it through the work day yesterday - some oatmeal at lunch gave me a bit more energy and I only got a stomach ache at the end of the day. Then I went to my class and learned how to do the applique block (my last block) - and we have 3 weeks before our next class. In that time I want to finish all 6 blocks and square them up. To piece them with lattice our teacher advises to use a sewing machine with a walking foot (of course i don't have one but my mom does) -- so maybe over thanksgiving i can get started on this process and then maybe over christmas or before go home for a weekend and finish the lattice so i can learn how to put on the outside lattice and border.

The teacher also squared up 2 of my blocks and let me borrow her 12x12 inch ruler to square the rest when i finish.
Tonight I must:
-wash new fabrics (2 lattice fabrics and striped fabric for border!)
-cut templates for last block
-cut freezer paper for last block (21 hexagons and 6 leaves)

Then I may start quilting my Churndash and leave the applique to this weekend. I'd like to get the other 5 finished and squared so that the last block if it's finished just in time for class can be squared there when returning the ruler. I also want to start the lattice piecing over thanksgiving next week - since i'll have a machine available to do it - and that way i can bring that in and make sure i'm doing it right.

Well - tomorrow night i'm going to a car dealership to maybe test drive the car i like - if i like any :) I'm looking at 2003/2004 Subaru Impreza models. Not real interested in the WRX just the regular Impreza. So tomorrow I go look - see if i like the dealership etc. Then I can go back on saturday to negotiate a price if i like anything. If not i'll go somewhere else on saturday. I'm pretty sure i want a subaru but if i don't like dealing with them i'll leave and pick something else for sure. Plus there are dealerships real close to me that i could always go to, i'm just not going there first because of the inflated prices being close to the city.

So hopefully i will have a car in early december! I also need to go to my bank and find out my interest rate for my loan and deposit some more money.
So that's my update - now the headache is coming back !! Time for tylenol my new friend :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better now! If you posted the blog early in the morning, you had a long day ahead of you.
Thanks for visiting my blog. It is always nice to see that someone has passed by.
Hope you have a better day (for me it's almost 9.00 pm.
Anneke