Tuesday, November 16, 2004

I'm back - not as chipper as I was when i left but managing!

Well the Retreat was AWESOME! I got a lot done - not as much as I wanted because the drunkard's path block took me 12 hours JUST TO PIECE! Not including quilting which didn't take that long! So about 24 hours of quilting time later I will go over my checklist and see how I did :)

But to note - now i'm sick! Sunday night I came home and was sick - stomach bug type thing - all night, all day monday (took the day off of work), and today i'm dehydrated but not so sick so i came to work. I have my quilt class tonight that i'm hoping i can save energy for so i'm trying to eat a bit here and there but the thought of food does bad things to my tummy! So - POUT! I hate being sick. But back to the good stuff:

Checklist for quilt retreat remembered
- Finish the what will be already started block 4 [4 small spots left to quilt but almost there :)]
- Start block 6 which i need to pick out and "design" (dimension wise) [PIECED!!]
- Appliquet basket quilt [DONE]
- Put border on basket quilt [DONE]
Maybe's:
- start quilting basket quilt [NOPE]
- start quilting scenic quilt (wip) [NOPE]
- cut and piece blocks for herb fall quilt [STARTED]
- cut and sew border on embroidery castle [NOPE]

So like i said, not as much as i was hoping but that's block 4's fault big time. So now I have some piccies :)

Block 4 almost finished (will update pic when fully finished and basting taken out):

Click for larger image.

Block 6 pieced:

Click for larger image.

Basket Quilt Top finished:

Click for larger image.

Maple Leaf Block for Retreat quilt that was raffled off:

Click for larger image.

Herb Block - started putting mitered border on - hand pieced.

Click for larger image.

So that's it - that's my progress. I did bring my block 4 to work so at lunch (which is soon) i can finish the quilting in the corners for class tonight. I will also baste block 6 so it's ready to quilt.

Uck - my tummy is churning - must go pout and maybe i be going home early today...

No comments: