Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I must be in a spending money mood - this has got to stop! After I know I spent too much money on stamp stuff (just had to have it though), I just went and spent 100 dollars on fabric! I have never ordered so much fabric offline, I'm in the fabric of the month club and usually just use that and once before I've ordered a specific piece of fabric (for Legends of the Dragons) but I just went crazy!

It all started because I have been thinking about starting a new piece, or rather - re-starting a piece I have started - I saw Blackwork Dragon stitched up on this awesome green fabric, in green - it looks so good that way, I am stitching it currently on grey with a dark blue WDW color. I won't tear mine out, but I think I want to restart and maybe I'll stitch it twice some time and finish the blue/grey one later on.

Anyway so I was at silkweaver's, ready to buy the Wandering Ivy Linen (and I only need a small 13x18 piece as it's a small piece to begin with! Then I got 36 count because I figured the blackwork would look better on that. Then I browsed, what other projects would I like to start this year -- well "Kingdom Sampler" - but my major qualm with that is I have no idea what fabric to stitch it on!

So the hunt began and I found quite a few very nice fabrics that I decided to buy and then I can decide which one to use, my favorite is Morning Dew (linen) but that's just because I like green, I'm not sure it will work for this project. I picked out some sandy colors too... Autumn Breeze Lugana I think has some pink and tan, might look like the morning sky or something. Then I saw the "weekly special" for 20% off - same color theme (called Golden Promise) so I got that too, then I went into Solos - never looked there before! And I bought 3 or so of those, different thread counts as they are small and I can play around with ornaments or small dragons on them! And of the larger solos I bought one as well. (once i got close to 100 dollars I had to get the free shipping, so I kept looking at the small solos to get up to that amount).

Craziness! No more spending money for a while! Especially since I was dyeing my own fabric for a while, it was much cheaper for these larger pieces!

So whenever these arrive I will have to do a floss toss and start getting opinions on a fabric for Kingdom Sampler - which I'm not ready to start (have NO free time) but maybe this spring ??? Will have to plan with Carol ;)

Well my group meeting last night went fine, a little over an hour and I was home before 9 to watch tv and wind floss - I'm up to 680 now I think. And at lunch time yesterday I worked on Going To Market - which I think I will break out again shortly.

Tonight I must do homework :( But maybe I will need a break and can get back to reading my new book a bit!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Hi Nicole - you are too funny! Those pricey fabric sprees are tough on the wallet, I know :-)

No rush - the spring or early summer sounds fine to me... I have been meaning to ask you the same thing. I am contemplating using plain old natural linen for mine... but hmm... maybe something with more color... it is a tough one to decide on!