Monday, February 06, 2006

HAPPY DANCE!

It's Winter by Sue Hillis, started in 2004, finished in 2006.

Click for larger image


I finished that piece up Saturday night while watching some new movies. Friday night we watched serenity which we of course loved. But it was sad too - knowing that was it, no more firefly to watch. Then Saturday I spent most of the day doing homework for my class, but I got a lot done so I treated myself to a little outting at my cross stitch store - which - sadly - is closing it's doors in March. She's going to keep just the online business which is very sad for me :( So I stopped in to visit and ended up staying until closing as a few friends were there too and we all just chatted and stitched a bit.

The night ended with a nice dinner out, more homework and then stitching :)

Sunday I had a stampin up party - oh man did I spend a lot of money :) But what can you do when the demonstrator shows you a new technique (or 3) that you love and you need to buy the correct supplies. It adds up fast. But this was the time to spend the money because we earned free stamp sets for each 50 dollars we spent. It was great. So in about 1 1/2 weeks I'll have a bunch of new stuff to play with :)

I finally pulled out Going To Market again last night - no new progress to show really but a little later in the week I'll post a picture. I'm just working more on the background, trying to work on the top half of the piece as much as possible. It is amazing how quickly this piece goes along though! I love it.

Tonight I'm meeting with my group from class at school, I am not a fan of group meetings where I have to drive in during rush hour - but my group members aren't very internet savvy and the idea of meeting online to "discuss" our assignment has gone over their heads, even though that's what the professor has encouraged. So I lose an entire night when because it will add on an extra 2 hours of just driving (at least an hour and a half anyway). Well enough complaining... I'm sure I have better things to do :)

4 comments:

Juanita said...

Congratulations on your finish. You did a great job on it.

Kim said...

Congrats on you finish! It turned out great! :D

I was pretty bummed about the end of Firefly and Serenity as well, but still keeping my fingers crossed for a revival. ;)

Carol said...

Congratulations on your Happy Dance! I am so proud of you! Yikes - that JD winter class is 8 am - 10:45 on the Saturday of the show - going to have to turn in really early the night before!!

Singular Stitches said...

Nice finish!!

I know the Stampin' Up thing, too. Have you ever been to www.splitcoaststampers.com? Excellent for ideas for SU! stamp sets. I can copy great ideas I see, but am terrible at coming up with them myself!